|Type of position||Full-Time Term Limited Position – 3 years funding with additional time dependent availablity of funds.|
|Description of Employer||Edisto Research and Education Center consists of over 2,300 contiguous acres of land typical of the Savannah Valley and Coastal Plains regions of South Carolina. Approximately 1/3 of the station land is suitable for row crop and horticultural production. Another 1/3 is used for pastures and hayfields by the Cattle Program and the remainder of the land is in wetlands, roads, buildings, and cattle facilities. The station is managed to provide optimum usage for applied Research and Extension programs in row crop production, vegetable production, beef cattle and forage production, irrigation engineering, and precision agriculture.|
|Description of Location||The program coordinator II position will be housed at the Edisto Research and Education Center near Blackville, SC.|
|Salary||$37,945 – $70,204|
|Benefits||Health insurance, dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, and retirement benefits. A full description can be found at http://www.clemson.edu/employment/benefits/index.html|
|Closing date of competition||November 25, 2012 or until suitable candidate is found|
|Date position available||ASAP|
|Description of duties||LEAD ACTIVITIES E/40%
Lead Clemson Extension activities for the “Demonstration of Inter-seeding Technology for Crop Rotations to Enhance Soil Properties, Reduce Energy Consumption, and Reduce Pest Occurrence While Optimizing Farm Profits” project by establishing inter-planted demonstration plots of wheat-peanut, -cotton, or -soybean in growers’ fields across South Carolina. Knowledge of agronomic practices in one or more of these crops is necessary.
PROJECT MGMT E/20%
ASSIST AGENTS E/10%
|Qualifications sought||MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
A bachelor’s degree in Plant Sciences, Mechanized Agriculture, Agronomy, or a closely related field.
PREFERRED IN ADDITION TO THE MINIMUM:
|Contact for additional
|Mike Marshall, email@example.com|
||Resume/CV and 3 references|
||Follow this link to apply online at http://findjobs.clemson.edu. Reference Position Number 11972.|
|Additional Information||Clemson University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information.|
- Agronomist - Department of Agriculture - Office of the Chief Economist in Washington, DC
- Students Test Their Skills During 2019 North American Weed Science Contest
- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- Graduate Research Assistant with Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook is Available for Purchase
- Weed Science Societies Announce Plans for Upcoming Annual Meetings
- Weed Bingo is For Sale in the WSSA Bookstore!
- M.S. Graduate Research Assistant with North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND
- WSSA's Position on Glyphosate
- Biological Scientist (Senior Scientist, 4 vacancies) - Department of Agriculture - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service in Riverdale, MD