|Description of duties
Open Date: 04/11/2018
Review Date: 05/11/2018
Job Category: Faculty
Department: Northern Region
Location: Extension Site
Posting Duration: Open Until Filled
Utah State University Extension invites applications for a Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) Extension faculty position. Extension employees develop, provide, evaluate, and coordinate research-based educational programs for youth and adults. Extension employees serve as a liaison between local clientele, other resource agencies, and Utah State University administrators, faculty, and programs. Extension employees have county, regional, and University responsibilities. This position will have statewide responsibilities for PSEP. An office will be provided at the county extension building in Kaysville, Utah. We welcome candidates with diverse interests related to pesticide safety and training as it relates to plant science, entomology, production agriculture, etc.
RANK: Commensurate with experience, qualifications and current rank. Options include Extension Assistant Professor (tenure track) and Professional Practice Extension Assistant Professor. A Master’s Degree is required for the Extension Assistant Professor (tenure track) rank. A Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required for the Professional Practice Extension Assistant Professor rank.
- Provide leadership to Extension activities. This will include the development and implementation of pesticide safety training through a variety of methods; coordination and oversight of on-line pesticide education courses and exams; and serving as Extension’s liaison for pesticide safety education with external entities (i.g., UDAF, EPA, extension, etc.).
- Provide engagement and outreach education to commercial, non-commercial and private applicators, and non-licensed stakeholders (including, homeowners, agricultural producers, nurseries, landscape companies, enclosed space producers, etc).
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs for adult audiences.
- Develop partnerships and employ innovative approaches to reach clientele and new audiences.
- Pursue internal and external funding to support Extension programming.
- Document impacts and produce scholarly publications based on Extension programming.
- Manage budgets and personnel.
- Serve diverse audiences and support the civil rights mandate of Utah State University Extension.
- Serve and collaborate with other Extension Field and Campus Faculty and University personnel, community and government agencies, industry, and relevant stakeholders.
Utah State University (http://www.usu.edu) is Utah’s Land-Grant Institution with an approximate enrollment of 28,000 students. Through the Extension system, the University extends research based information across the state. Extension faculty support elected officials and citizens in all 29 Utah counties. Utah State University is sensitive to the needs of dual-career couples.
- An earned Master’s degree in a pest management related discipline such as agronomy, weed science, plant pathology, entomology, environmental science, horticulture, or related field is required for the Extension Assistant Professor (tenure track) rank. An earned Bachelor of Science degree in a closely related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required for the Professional Practice Extension Assistant Professor rank.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct educational programs.
- Experience in teaching adult audiences.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to act as a liaison between federal, state, university, and county clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Must have a current driver’s license, auto insurance, and access to reliable transportation.
- The ability to become a licensed pesticide applicator (if license is not currently held).
- Understanding of state and federal regulations related to pesticides.
- Experience with program development and/or delivery related to pesticide safety training.
- Understanding of online classes and platforms.
- Advanced technology skills such as creating on-line classes, social media, developing webinars, and other on-line content to deliver educational programs.
- Experience working in a pesticide, or related regulated, industry.
- Skills and experience with implementing applied research activities.
- Skills and experience with grant writing.
- Skills and experience with low income and under-served audiences.
- Skills and experience with social media.
- Skills and experience with related organizations/agencies and fostering positive relationships with community stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish.
- Prior experience with the Land Grant University System.
Opportunity Type: Full-Time w/benefits package
Percent of Time or Hours per Week: 100%
Advertised Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobid=3376 for more information and to apply online.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/d5hqmkvxjqqyjqs3