- TIPS FOR A THICK, WEED-FREE LAWN (Aug 19, 2013)
I don’t know about you, but every year I struggle to keep weeds from taking over my lawn. In fact, it seems the only weed-free turf I see is when watching golf on TV.
- UNDERSTANDING HERBICIDE LABELS: IT’S IMPORTANT TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND THE ENVIRONMENT (May 14, 2013)
So you’ve put away your hoe and selected an herbicide to kill those pesky weeds. Before you dive in and start spraying, pause to read the label. Doing so is vital if you want to control your weeds successfully and protect yourself, your family and the environment.
- NINE TIPS FOR CHEMICAL-FREE HOME WEED CONTROL (March 13, 2013)
If you’re taking a chemical-free approach to home weed control, you’ve most likely discovered it can be a real challenge. Without herbicides in your arsenal, it can be tough to keep the invaders out of your lawn and natural areas, flower beds and vegetable gardens, walks and driveways. To succeed, you need time, persistence and a multifaceted approach. Try these nine proven techniques that can help…
- CITY WEEDS: MANAGING PESKY INVADERS IN AN URBAN LANDSCAPE (Dec 5, 2012)
- WHAT MAKES A WEED (July 12, 2012)
- SMART CHOICES: HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT HERBICIDE TO KILL WEEDS (Mar 22, 2012)
Local garden centers and home improvement stores offer a dizzying array of herbicide choices for weed control. But how do you know which product is best for eliminating the weeds in your lawn, garden, flower bed, driveway or patio? To make the most effective and economical choice, you need to get “up close and personal” with the weeds growing around your home…
- GROWING WILD: A ‘HOW-TO’ GUIDE FOR AVOIDING WEED-FILLED WILDFLOWER MIXES (Dec 12, 2011)
- NEVER LET ‘EM SET SEED (Aug 3, 2011)