The Herbicide Resistant Plants Committee (E12a) shall:
- Consist of a Chair appointed to a three-year term and eight other members, each appointed to a five-year term.
- Recommend research and education on the topic of herbicide resistance and resistance management in weeds. Provide leadership in research directions.
- Serve as an information resource for scientists and practitioners in the areas of confirmation, identification, and management of herbicide resistant weeds.
- Compile the monetary loss due to resistant weeds by state, province, region, and country
- Develop a list of scientists worldwide who will serve as corresponding members of this committee to aid in confirmation of the distribution of herbicide resistance.
- Develop and maintain a data bank of documented cases of herbicide resistance occurring worldwide.
- Promote action on herbicide resistance by sponsoring and encouraging symposia, workshops, and regularly published reports in appropriate journals.
- Establish recommendations on herbicide resistance terminology, and methods for confirmation, prevention, and management of herbicide resistant weeds.
|Name||Affiliation||End of Term|