The Science Policy Committee (E2) shall:
- Consist of the President-elect, President, and Past President of WSSA and a member appointed by each of the contributing regional weed science societies (preferably their Legislative and Regulatory Committee Chairs and President as backup). The members from regional societies should serve two-year terms, staggered, so that two regional society members rotate off every year. The regional societies may name alternates who will serve in the absence of their regular member of the committee. The Chair of the Legislative and Regulatory Committee will serve as Chair of the Washington Liaison Committee. The Chair of the WSSA. Resolutions Committee shall serve as an ad hoc member. The Aquatic Plant Management Society President will be allowed to call the Director of Science Policy at any time. Budget for this committee is $5,000.
- Be the primary means of communication between the Washington liaison and WSSA and the regional weed societies.
- Be the means by which WSSA and regional science societies interact with their Washington D.C. liaison. Their function will be to communicate to the Washington Liaison needs and tasks desired by the contributing societies and to respond to the liaison’s requests for information and materials needed to accomplish those tasks. To do this, the committee will:
- take part in quarterly and other conference calls with the Washington liaison;
- provide and continually update a rapid response list of contacts (phone tree) for the Washington liaison;
- provide position papers, resolutions, reports, videotapes, expertise, and other materials to the Washington liaison;
- inform the Washington liaison of the needs of WSSA in a timely fashion;
- rapidly respond to requests from the Washington liaison for information and personnel; and
- provide and update quarterly a plan of work for the Science Policy Committee.
- Yearly review the accomplishments and performance of the Washington liaison and make recommendations accordingly. This review should be done at the Board Meeting during the annual meeting of WSSA.
|Name||Affiliation||End of Term|
|Barrett, Michael||EPA SME|
|Shaw, David||Chair S-71|
|Armel, Greg||ex-off NEWSS|
|Richardson, Rob||ex-off APMS|
|Dotray, Peter||ex-off SWSS|
|Howatt, Kirk||ex-off WSWS|
|Dille, Anita||ex-off NCWSS|
|Van Wychen, Lee||ex-off DSP|