The Weed Loss Committee (E11) shall:
- Consist of a Chair appointed to a three-year term and three members, each appointed to a five-year term.
- Determine the reduced monetary value due to the influence of weeds of crops grown in the United States and Canada.
- Establish the percent reduction of yield caused by weeds of crops grown within each state or province.
- Obtain the average yield values for each of the crops grown within a state or province.
- Obtain a market value for each of the crops and determine the dollar value of the weed mediated losses.
- Compile the monetary loss value by state, province, region, and country.
- Update the report at least every five years.
- Determine the most troublesome weeds in major crops grown in each state or province.
- Determine the most troublesome herbaceous and woody plants in non-crop areas, forests, and rangelands by region, state, or province.
- Update these data at least every five years.
- Collect published references that deal with losses from weeds and systematically list these in a computer file by author(s), title, and source. Additional information will include crop and weed species and subject area.
- Develop and submit for publication a Weed Loss Bibliography with cross-referenced indices generated by author, crop, weed, and subject.
|Name||Affiliation||End of Term|