The Herbicide Resistant Plants Committee shall:
- Consist of a Chair appointed to a three-year term and eight other members, each appointed to a five-year term.
- Educate weed scientists and the scientific community as a whole about the nature, extent, and significance of herbicide resistance in weeds.
- Recommend research and education on the topic of herbicide resistance and resistance management in weeds. Provide leadership in research directions.
- Serve as an information resource for scientists and practitioners in the areas of confirmation, identification, and management of herbicide resistant weeds.
- Develop a list of scientists worldwide who will serve as corresponding members of this committee to aid in confirmation of the distribution of herbicide resistance.
- Develop and maintain a data bank of documented cases of herbicide resistance occurring worldwide.
- Promote action on herbicide resistance by sponsoring and encouraging symposia, workshops, and regularly published reports in appropriate journals.
Contact the chair (Dr. William Vencill): email@example.com
|Vencill, W. K. (Chair)||2011||SWSS|
|Curran, W. S.||2012||NEWSS|
|Hutto, K. C.||2009||SWSS|
|Stachler, J. M.||2012||NCWSS|