|Type of position
||This position is responsible for cultivating meaningful relationships with 50-70 Growers and entities across the Produce Chain (Packers, Shippers, Brokers and Retail) in the Northeast territory to facilitate the placement of commercial products, and delivering the Seminis brand experience. This role is accountable for the geography sales results of Seminis products. This role would ideally be located in New Jersey or New York.
|Description of Employer
||Monsanto Vegetable Seed Seminis brand
||full benefits package
|Closing date of competition
|Date position available
|Description of duties
- Work with Sales Lead, Marketing Manager, Chain Management, Technology Development and Customer Operations in order to earn ‘number one position’ with growers.
- Operate in close coordination with Monsanto Marketing Team and execute Marketing Plans.
- Understand customer needs and develop trusting relationships with customers.
- Consistently demonstrate constructive leadership and positive image in representing the Brand and Monsanto.
- Act as the business expert for growers, negotiate and plan for customer needs (handle product performance inquiries, complains, establishment of customer trial/plot plans, coordination of plot tours, and others).
- Manage forecasting, product line demand issues and set the territory direction. Demonstrate proof of product performance against competition.
- Collaborate with Monsanto TD team to maximize services, information, and sales to growers desiring extensive technical/agronomic expertise.
- Assist TD with establishing side-by-side trial plots with targeted farmers, collect & summarize performance data to optimize product recommendations.
- Identify business opportunities for Customers that add value throughout the Produce Chain.
- Develop and maintain business/growth plan by customers that increase their profits.
- Serve as key business consultant to growers. Manage and develop relationships with influential stakeholders across the Produce Chain.
- Views and considers issues from the point of view of all impacted stakeholders
- Reacts quickly to unexpected changes within teams, providing direction to the team
- Provides direction to teams in implementing changes based on opportunities
- Fully communicates the impact of the changes across teams
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant Vegetable Industry experience (i.e. Seed Sales, Production, Product Development, Produce Sales, and/or other related).
- Experience in developing plans that set expectations, accountability and follow through with subordinate roles for skill building and behavioral changes.
- Experience effectively demonstrating self motivation, initiative, and assertiveness to challenge the status quo.
- Proven track record on successful negotiations, business development and business agreements drafting.
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, CRM, and others).
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment.
- Willingness to relocate.
- Trait, Seed, and Chemistry knowledge and experience in general agronomics, pest management, and plant physiology would be extremely beneficial.
- Submit what
- Submit to