WSSA Announces 2022 Student Enrichment Program Winners
WSSA’s Travel Enrichment Experience Program gives graduate students the chance to broaden their experience by spending a week with weed science professionals based outside their home region. WSSA supports this immersive learning experience by matching each participant with a host organization and by providing a $2,000 grant to cover travel expenses.
After a thorough review of the nearly two dozen applications submitted this year, the following winners were selected for 2022 – one from each of WSSA’s five regional affiliates:
- Canadian Weed Science Society: Emily Duenk, University of Guelph
- North Central Weed Science Society: Sachin Dhanda, Kansas State University
- Northeastern Weed Science Society: Estefania G. Polli, N.C. State University
- Southern Weed Science Society: Sarah Kezar, Texas A&M University
- Western Society of Weed Science: Joshua Miranda, Oregon State University
Winners will share highlights from their trip during next year’s WSSA annual meeting.
- Social Media
- Twitter: @WSSA_GSO
- Instagram: @wssagso
- Facebook: Weed Science Society of America Graduate Student Organization
- Graduate Student Representatives
- WSSA Representatives