The Public Awareness committee and the Professional Development committee have created a downloadable PDF describing the WSSA, the importance of WSSA and Weed Scientists, Careers in Weed Science and the benefits of membership. This attractive one page document can be printed for distribution to students and others interested in the WSSA (Click here to download the PDF).
The Weed Science Society of America, a non-profit professional society,
– Promotes research, education, and extension outreach activities related to weeds;
– Provides science-based information to the public and policy makers; and
– Fosters awareness of weeds and their impacts on managed and natural ecosystems.
- WSSA Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Constitution (PDF) (updated: Jan 2018)
- Manual of Operating Procedures (PDF) (updated: 3 Nov 2020)
Project Proposal and Review Process
New project proposals will be evaluated at the board meeting that immediately follows each annual meeting. Continuing projects will be evaluated at the summer board meetings on a rotating basis. For complete details on submitting project proposals, and on the review process, see the documents below: