|Type of position||Clemson University: College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences: Plant & Environmental Sciences
Assistant Professor – Weed Ecologist
Location: Clemson University
The Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences in the College of Agriculture Forestry and Life Sciences at Clemson University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Professor – Weed Scientist/Biologist. The position will be a 12-month, tenure-track position with a 70% research and 30% teaching appointment. The projected start date is before or on January 1, 2023. The position is located on campus at Clemson, SC. Clemson University is recognized as a Top 25 public university by U.S. News and World Report.
|Description of Employer||About the Plant and Environmental Sciences Department
Clemson University’s Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences offers numerous educational, research and outreach programs in agronomy, entomology, environmental sciences, horticulture, turfgrass, plant pathology, soil and water sciences, and weed science. Rigorous curricula coupled with partnerships with many of South Carolina’s largest industries offer unique experiential learning opportunities for students while helping the South Carolina economy. Undergraduate programs include BS programs in Horticulture, Plant and Environmental Sciences, and Turfgrass. Graduate programs include Entomology (MS, PhD) plus Plant and Environmental Sciences (MS, PhD). Faculty are also located at Research and Educational Centers in Blackville, Charleston, Florence, and Columbia, SC. For more information about the department, refer to: https://www.clemson.edu/cafls/plant-environmental-sciences/index.html.
|Location||Clemson, South Carolina, US 29631|
|Salary||Depends on Experience|
|Closing date of competition||6/27/2022|
|Date position available||Not Specified|
|Description of duties||
The successful candidate is expected to:
* Develop a nationally recognized, collaborative and externally funded, impactful and innovative research program in weed science including biology, ecology, and sustainable management systems. Of specific interest, the research program would focus on using a systems approach to devise sustainable weed management strategies that enhance productivity while minimizing environmental impacts.
* Earned Ph.D. from an accredited institution in weed science or closely related field at the time employment begins with a research emphasis and training in weed management.
* Demonstrated background and expertise in weed science with emphasis on managing herbicide resistance, ecology, and biology is preferred.
* Documented evidence of individual and/or collaborative research in weed science resulting in peer-reviewed publication plus regional and national professional society activity.
* Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with colleagues across disciplines and develop a collaborative research and teaching program is preferred. This includes demonstrated experience in design, execution, and statistical analyses of various research projects.
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills in English to effectively interact with diverse audiences are essential.
* Experience in proposal preparation and project management is preferred.
* Demonstrated evidence for excellence in teaching and student mentoring.
|Contact for additional information||APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application Instructions Please submit the following items electronically (PDF format) via Interfolio (http://apply.interfolio.com/107135).
* Letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position
* A one-page statement of your research interest, experience, and future plans
* A statement describing past experience and/or future plans to promote diversity and inclusion
* Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts (official transcripts will be needed before an offer is made)
* Full curriculum vitae
* Name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by June 30, 2022. The position will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Any questions should be addressed to Dr. Bert McCarty, Search Committee Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
|Submit what||Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/daJe6miOyBLqdSPj8uAkP6|
|Submit to||Apply online only.|
|Additional Information||Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.
Have a job to post?
- June 2023 (2)
- May 2023 (7)
- April 2023 (11)
- March 2023 (21)
- February 2023 (29)
- January 2023 (20)
- December 2022 (6)
- November 2022 (7)
- October 2022 (20)
- September 2022 (13)
- August 2022 (16)
- July 2022 (10)
- June 2022 (13)
- May 2022 (13)