Legal Terms and Conditions of Use
Last Updated: 15 January 2024
By using this website, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions stated here. Therefore, if you cannot accept these terms and conditions, please do not use the website.
The Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. Therefore, you should visit this page periodically to review the terms and conditions because they are binding on you.
1. Use of Site Material
The contents of this website are protected against unauthorized use in the United States and other countries by copyright and other intellectual property laws. WSSA authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the material on this website solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original material on any copy you make of the site material. You may not sell or modify our site material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The names, marks, and logos appearing on this website are, unless otherwise noted, trademarks owned by or licensed to WSSA. The use of these marks, except as provided in these terms and conditions, is prohibited. If you violate any of these terms, your permission to use the site material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the material. WSSA reserves all other rights it may have at law or in equity.
2. User Generated Content
- 1 User Content. We offer you the opportunity to submit Job Postings, and create a member User Profile. Any content, information, graphics, audio, images, and links you submit as part of creating your profile or in connection with any Job Postings is referred to as “User Content” in this Agreement and is subject to various terms and conditions as set forth below.
- 2 Cautions Regarding Other Users and User Content. Information, views, opinions, and recommendations expressed in User Content belong to the authors thereof. They do not necessarily reflect the views of WSSA. In no event shall WSSA be liable for any damages resulting from their publication. We do not routinely screen, edit, or review User Content. However, we reserve the right to monitor or remove any User Content from the website at any time without notice.
- 3 Grant of Rights and Representations by You. If you upload, post, or submit any User Content on our website, you represent to us that you have all the necessary legal rights to upload, post, or submit such User Content and it will not violate any law or the rights of any person.
- 4 We may also remove any User Content for any reason and without notice to you. This includes all materials related to your use of our website or membership, including email accounts, postings, profiles, or other personalized information you have created while on our website.
3. Use of Links and Logos
You do not need to request permission to create a text link from your website to the WSSA website. However, the WSSA logo may not be used without a written agreement. Please send all requests to [email protected]. WSSA reserves the right to request the removal of any link.
WSSA makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the material on this website or about the results to be obtained from using the website. You use the website and its material at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to the website and may be made at any time. WSSA makes no representations that any User Content will be available or viewable on your device. Your device and/or its settings may impact your experience of this website and/or User Content.
Every effort has been made to keep the information on this website accurate and current, but it is provided with no warranty of any kind.
This website and its material are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, WSSA hereby expressly disclaims all warranties, including the warranty of merchantability, non-infringement of third-party rights, and the warranty of fitness for particular purpose. In no event shall WSSA be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from the use or inability to use material on this website or sites linked to this website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not WSSA is advised of the possibility of such damages.
By using this website, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless WSSA, its officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal and accounting fees) that WSSA may become obligated to pay arising or resulting from your use of the site material or your breach of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are governed by the substantive laws of Colorado, USA, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any action or proceeding arising from or relating to the use of this website shall be brought and maintained only in a state or federal court in Denver, CO, USA, and you consent to the personal jurisdiction of these courts. If any provision is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these terms and conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Except as expressly provided elsewhere in our website, these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and WSSA with respect to the use of our website. Any changes to these terms and conditions must be made in writing, signed by an authorized representative of WSSA.
6. Member Directory Terms and Conditions
Use of the Member Directory (accessible to WSSA members only) is only for WSSA members to connect with other WSSA members.
You may not use this directory for purposes such as advertising, solicitations, and mass communications.