|Type of position
|Full-Time with University Benefits
|University of Florida
|Jay Research Center, Jay, Florida
|$45,600 – $48,500
|University of Florida benefits, such as Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, etc.
|Closing date of competition
|December 15, 2022
|Date position available
|Description of duties
|– Implement, conduct, modify established methods and techniques and coordinate research activities for the establishment and maintenance of field, greenhouse, and laboratory experiments related to weed management.
– Interpretation of results through timely organization of data, inputting of data, running statistical analysis, generation of reports and scholarly articles, and communicating with project cooperators. Collaborate in the technical reports, research manuscripts, and assist in grant writing process.
– Involve in extension activities and assist in planning and conducting extension activities.
– Responsible for purchasing and keeping inventory of materials and supplies, equipment’s, and related logistics for conducting research and extension activities.
– Participate in the planning and coordinating of work assignment and research activities for undergraduate/graduate students and part-time employees, promoting a cohesive, supportive, and friendly team environment with the overall goal to reach the mission, objectives, and success of the Weed Science program at WFREC. May participate in interviewing candidates and mentorship programs.
– Receive new and supplemental training in safety, technology, experimental and statistical techniques, scientific writing which will be beneficial to the Weed Science program at WFREC and applied this knowledge when in service. Practice and foster team spirit and positive, productive relations with colleagues at the WFREC.
|Bachelor’s degree in biology or a closely related field and three years of relevant experience; or a Master’s degree in weed science, crop science, biology or a closely related field and one year of relevant experience; Doctoral degree in weed science, crop science, biology or a closely related field.
|Contact for additional information
|For additional information on the position, please contact:
Dr. Pratap Devkota
Email: [email protected]
|– Cover letter
– Current CV (including contact for three Reference Personnel)
– Academic Transcripts
|Apply at: https://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/en-us/job/524543/biological-scientist-ii