Herbicide Resistance Training Modules: Agronomic Crops
Herbicide resistance education and training have been identified as critical paths in advancing the adoption of proactive best management programs to delay or mitigate the evolution of herbicide-resistant weeds.
A proposal was accepted by the WSSA Herbicide Resistant Plants Committee (E12) and the Herbicide Resistance Education (S71) committee to form a special sub-committee to review, update, and modify current web-based herbicide resistance training modules. The Team has created five lessons (see below) for an intended audience of consultant–field advisor–certified agronomist.
John Soteres, Sub-committee Lead, on behalf of Wes Everman, Les Glasgow, Lynn Ingegneri Jill Schroeder, David Shaw, Jeff Stachler, and Francois Tardif
View each training module (Flash format):
- LESSON 1: Current Status of Herbicide Resistance
- LESSON 2: How Herbicides Work?
- LESSON 3: What is Herbicide Resistance?
- LESSON 4: Scouting After a Herbicide Application and Confirming Herbicide Resistance
- LESSON 5: Principles of Managing Herbicide Resistance