|Type of position
|Description of Employer
|At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
|Description of Location
|Join our team in the role of Field Scientist! The Field Scientist (FS) will coordinate day to day field research operations for Crop Protection Discovery & Development encompassing biotechnology traits, seed applied technology, and crop protection research projects at off-site locations across Illinois in addition to those at the Seymour, Illinois Research Center. The FS will be expected to execute field experiments concurrently at multiple locations; collect, manage, and report data for multidisciplinary research in crop protection (conducting product characterization, efficacy and crop safety trials). The FS will work cross-functionally in the development of herbicide, insecticide, biological, fungicide, nitrogen maximizers, and seed applied technology products in row and specialty crops.
|Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
|Closing date of competition
|Date position available
|Description of duties
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- The Field Scientist will coordinate execution of research protocols across multiple off-site locations across Illinois and at a Research Center. The FS will execute day to day activities to ensure high quality data collection from field trials designed to characterize efficacy and crop safety across crop protection, seed treatments and biologicals systems. The FS will serve as the key regulatory contact, leading compliance activities for regulated transgenic research at off-site locations.
- Flawlessly execute experiments to completion, according to specific protocols, exercising independent judgment and discretion as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, the knowledge of general agronomic practices, pesticide application and evaluation procedures, crop scouting, implementation of new technologies, computer skills, and skills in experimental design and analysis. Use Corteva proprietary software for initiation, mapping, tracking and analysis of experiments, and communicate data and information as appropriate to all managers of experiments.
- Participates on cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams within Corteva charged with the planning, management and execution of advancement/development plans for transgenic events and crop protection products in key crops.
- Communicate and work jointly with Research Center team to ensure success of all product development and research programs at that center.
- Be innovative – apply a variety of scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions, products, and problems.
- Work closely with Market Development Specialist to support technical transfer of Corteva’s Crop Protection portfolio including herbicide, insecticide, and fungicide solutions, in addition to nitrogen maximizers and trait technologies.
- Responsible for continuously updating their own scientific/agronomic background in research areas relevant to role.
- Hire, orient and supervise employees, implementing and monitoring safe working practices.
- Core values – Live Safely, Be Upstanding, Build Together, Be Curious, Stand Tall, Enrich Lives. Actively lead/assist in developing job specific safety assessments. Actively assist/participate in Research center audits, training and stewardship activities. Embrace the goal of zero recordable motor vehicle incidents. Actively Lead/assist/participate in the goal of upgrading all testing locations across programs to achieve the highest quality, reliable data possible. Actively enhance cross functional productivity, communication and site specific standard operating protocols.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Extensive understanding of the techniques and approaches associated with quality high volume small plot crop research.
- Demonstrated knowledge and field research experience working with regulated transgenic materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience in working with research staff and a proven track record of operating in a complex team environment.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in biological sciences, including Entomology, Plant Pathology, Weed Science, Agronomy or related field, and three to five years of field research experience.
- Excellent computer, data management, statistical analysis, and data presentation skills are essential.
- Willing to work outdoors, wear personal protective equipment, operate agriculture equipment, and travel (25 to 50%) to locations across Illinois to conduct trials.
- Understanding of product needs for North American markets.
|Contact for additional information
|Please fill out the Online Application
|Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
Accessibility Page for Contact Information – https://www.corteva.com/accessibility.html
For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster – http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.