|Type of position
|Research and Development Scientist for Weed Control Syngenta
|Syngenta Crop Protection
|Description of Employer
|As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
|Vero Beach, FL
|Commensurate with experience
|A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and strives for a work-life balance that supports the team members. offers flexible work options to support your work and personal needs
Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts your first day
401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts, among other benefits
|Closing date of competition
|Closed when filled
|Date position available
|Description of duties
Be an influential part of a highly motivated Weed Control R&D team at the Vero Beach Research Center.
Design, initiate, and conduct research and development projects in the lab, greenhouse, and/or field to support the Crop Protection Field Development R&D program with a main focus of promoting new active ingredients or supporting current products for weed control.
Provide technical support for registered products in support of Sales and Marketing efforts as well as Global research biology and product development teams. Complete projects as a critical part of promoting new active ingredients or supporting current products in herbicides. Act as field project coordinator (FPC) for assigned projects.
- Conduct and coordinate high quality trials, contributing to the biological profiling and label development of herbicides.
- Contribute to or lead project planning and defining experimental objectives; ensuring trial implementation; generating or acquiring data and information. Provide technical support and training; coordinate demonstration trials for training/education.
- Summarize trial data and provide recommendations, identify development opportunities for product label expansion or further research.
- Develop self as an expert in weed science in order to provide recommendations that directly influence business decisions/positioning
- Work with team members, Technical Product Leads and other stakeholders on trial design and implementation
- Provide technical support and training; e.g. coordinate demonstration trials for training/education for internal and external persons, participate in various site tours for internal and external groups.
- Is an active participant on the Weed Control CPFD bioteam
- Build collaborative, effective relationships with team members including project teams
- Support local HS&E policy and strategy and ensure that all work is conducted within Syngenta’s standards on quality and safety.
- Strive to be highly organized, neat, and good critical thinking skills to design and complete research programs and deliver conclusive results by agreed dates. Slf-starter
- Collaborative with peers and technical management teams at the Vero Beach Research Center (VBRC) and stakeholders. Team player
- Ph.D. in Weed Science or agronomy with a strong focus on weed science, or a MS degree with minimum 3 years experience.
- Graduate level experience/capabilities in small plot field research, laboratory and/or greenhouse studies to support field research, experiment design, statistics and technical writing.
- Experience conducting field trials to crop with respect to efficacy, crop tolerance, crop agronomy, and other related experimental techniques.
- Basic CP competitor and business awareness
- Excellent analytical and people skills. Skilled in interacting and communicating with internal and external customers, collaborative. Excellent oral and written communication
- Able to use Syngenta systems, tools and processes.
- Self-starter, critical thinking skills. Excellent oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of statistical analyses.
- Travel Requirements – 5-10%.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
|Resume, Cover Letter, Online Application
|Jason Adams, email, Syngenta Online application required