|Type of position
|Research Coordinator at an Applied Research Association
|North Peace Applied Research Association
|Description of Employer
|The North Peace Applied Research Association (NPARA) is a non-profit, producer-driven organization that conducts applied agricultural research and extension in the North Peace region. Furthermore, our mission is to serve farmers within the county of Northern Lights and the M.D of the Peace #135, and to meet the special needs that results from our unique climatic, geographic and soil conditions. Our organization has a strong focus on studying and promoting regenerative agricultural practices.
|Manning, Alberta, Canada
|Closing date of competition
|October 13, 2023
|Date position available
|November 8, 2024
|Description of duties
What you will do:
1) Coordinate research projects and activities according to policy set by the Board of Directors
2) Responsible for assisting the Manager with the annual publication of all research results and activities of the Association.
3) Maintain liaison with related agencies (government and private)
4) Attend and provide all required information and updates regarding the research program to the Board and/or Committee meetings.
5) Provide direction and supervision of all staff (permanent and seasonal).
What you will bring:
• Practical working knowledge of agriculture and environmental best management practices in western Canada
• Ability to use word processing software efficiently, specifically MS Office. And statistical software (SAS, SPSS or ARM).
• Ability to write funding proposals (i.e., grants) for research and extension.
• Motivated to excel both in a team environment and independently.
• Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
• M.Sc or Ph.D in Environmental Sciences, Plant Science, or Soil Science. Preference will be made to candidates will field experience with small plot trials.
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
|Contact for additional information
|cover letter, resume