- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- Postdoctoral Scholar with Oregon State University in The position is located at the Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center (CBARC) in Pendleton, which is in northeastern Oregon.
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook
- Crop Physiology & Weed Control Post Doctorate (req# 799379) with Bayer in Chesterfield (St. Louis Area) MO
- PhD in Agroecology/Plant Ecology with The Pennsylvania State University in University Park, PA
- Pesticide Research Scientist with Minnesota Department of Agriculture in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Weed Control Intern (18055271) with Syngenta in Vero Beach, FL
- Assistant Professor- Weed Extension with Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR
- How Much Effect Does Soil pH Have on Weed Management?
- Weed Science School 2023
51 posts found
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – 14 April 2023 – Progress is being made in the race to deploy highly targeted, machine-based weed control solutions. But one gating factor is the inability of sensors to reliably distinguish weeds from crops. Researchers in Brazil, … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – December 20, 2022 – High-density crop planting is a proven approach for suppressing patches of weeds that escape other controls. Unfortunately, though, the cost of seed keeps many growers from considering this dense planting strategy. Researchers writing in … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – July 27, 2022 – Downy brome is an annual winter grass invading millions of acres of western rangelands and wildlands. It emerges early in the spring while native perennials are still dormant and creates dense mats of … more »
Researchers from the University of Missouri recently conducted two field studies to explore the effectiveness of electricity in weed control. They used a tractor attachment called The Weed Zapper™ to electrocute eight types of weeds common in soybean crops, including … more »
Herbicide-resistant crops are now commonplace throughout the U.S. and Canada. But are they friend or foe when it comes to the prevention and management of herbicide-resistant weeds? An article featured in the latest issue of the journal Weed Science says … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – Herbicide-resistant crops are now commonplace in the U.S. and Canada. With proper stewardship, these same crop-trait technologies can also play a key role in integrated weed management – reducing the intensity of herbicide use and the selection … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado –March 21, 2022 – Detecting and identifying weeds early in the growing season is fundamental to effective weed control. Doing so allows growers to develop targeted, site-specific management plans that reduce crop loss and minimize the need for … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – December 29, 2021 – Waterhemp is one of the most troublesome agronomic weeds in the midwestern U.S., where it has rapidly evolved resistance to multiple herbicides. One example: An Illinois waterhemp population has exhibited resistance to six … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – September, 2021 – Predicting the spread of nonnative plants that have the potential to become invasive may seem like an unachievable goal. But research featured in the journal Invasive Plant Science and Management shows important, predictive clues … more »
A recent study shows we may be overlooking important information that can help us predict how and where invasive plants are likely to spread. Researchers writing in the journal Invasive Plant Science and Management say invasion pathways can be closely … more »