- Attack of the Superweeds: Herbicides are losing the war — and agriculture might never be the same again.
- Students Test Their Skills in Regional Weed Science Contests
- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- Ph.D. Graduate Research Assistantship at University of Florida/IFAS in West Florida Research and Education Center, Jay, FL
- Ph.D. Graduate Research Assistantship at the University of Florida’s Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants with University of Florida/Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) in Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants, Gainesville, FL
- Ph.D. Assistantship in Weed Physiology with Clemson University in Clemson, SC
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook is Available for Purchase
- Science Journal Takes an In-Depth Look at Weedy Rice
- WSSA Calculates Billions in Potential Economic Losses from Uncontrolled Weeds
- Researcher I (Weed Science) with Southern Illinois University Carbondale in Carbondale, IL
192 posts found
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – September 15, 2021 – This summer Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) affiliates in the North Central and Southern regions gave nearly 100 students from 18 universities a chance to test their weed science know-how. Both organizations … more »
Genomics group accelerates genetic sequencing of weeds, launches conference & training workshops WESTMINSTER, Colorado – August 11, 2021 – Today the International Weed Genomics Consortium (IWGC) announced a new multipronged initiative to advance the genetic sequencing of the world’s most troublesome weeds. The organization … more »
WSSA Members to Present Latest Research During Upcoming Annual Meeting of the Aquatic Plant Management Society
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – June 28, 2021 – Members of the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) are among those leading presentations during in the upcoming 61st annual meeting of the Aquatic Plant Management Society (APMS), an event that will include … more »
In a year upended by the COVID pandemic, three WSSA members specializing in extension work have found a new socially distanced way to share information. They’ve launched the War Against Weeds, a new podcast devoted to weed management. Want to listen? Simply subscribe through your podcast provider of choice or access weekly episodes online.
The War Against Weeds podcast is funded by a grant from the North Central Integrated Pest Management Center (NCIPM). more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – May 11, 2021 – The latest survey conducted by the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) shows that Palmer amaranth is the hardest to control weed in grass crops, while foxtail species are the most prevalent. More … more »
Purpose: The Travel Enrichment Experience (TEE) will provide an opportunity for WSSA graduate students to participate in a five-day, four-night educational experience with professionals in a different WSSA region. Student Application Deadline: Mayank Malik (email@example.com ) must receive applications by May … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – April 28, 2021 – The Herbicide Resistance Action Committee (HRAC) has updated its Herbicide Mode of Action Classification System, which is a vital tool in developing sustainable weed control programs. Explore WSSA’s recent fact sheet to find out why updates were needed … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – April 20, 2021 – The Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) today announced that five free educational webinars will be offered during National Invasive Species Awareness Week (NISAW) – a May 15-22 initiative to raise awareness about … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – March 17, 2021 – Weed control in vegetables, flowers and herbs can be incredibly labor intensive, experts with the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) say. There are few herbicides available for these specialty crops, making hand … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – February 17, 2021 – This week the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) honored more than two dozen individuals for their outstanding contributions to the field of weed science. The awards were presented during the organization’s first … more »