- M.S. Graduate Assistantship in Weed Science with Cornell University with Cornell University in Ithaca, NY
- M.S. or PhD Research Assistantship in Weed Science at University of Georgia, Athens, GA with The University of Georgia in University of Georgia, Athens, GA (Main Campus)
- Students Sharpen Skills in National Weed Science Contest
- PhD Graduate Assistantship in Herbicide Resistance Surveys and IWM with Texas A&M University in College Station, TX
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook
- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- PhD Graduate Assistantship in Weed Ecology and other disciplines (10 positions)with the University of Idaho with University of Idaho in Weed Ecology position is at the Kimberly Research and Extension Center, Kimberly Idaho
- PhD Graduate Assistantship in Weed Ecology/Non-chemical Tactics with Texas A&M University in College Station, TX with Texas A&M University in College Station, TX
- Multiple MS and PhD assistantships available in precision pesticide application and spray drone evaluation with Auburn University in Auburn AL (main campus)
- Assistant Professor and Extension Weed Science Specialist with Iowa State University in Ames, IA
137 posts found
Abstract Since the 1950’s much of the US soybean growing region has experienced rising temperatures, more variable rainfall, and increased carbon emissions . These trends are predicted to continue throughout the 21st century. Variable weather and weed interference influence crop performance; however, … more »
URBANA, Ill. – By the end of the century, scientists expect climate change to reduce corn yield significantly, with some estimating losses up to 28%. But those calculations are missing a key factor that could drag corn yields down even … more »
Attack of the Superweeds: Herbicides are losing the war — and agriculture might never be the same again.
Click on the link below for the article https://wssa.net/wp-content/uploads/NYT-Magazine_Attack-of-the-Superweeds_Aug-22-2021.pdf
You might expect tumbleweeds on Colorado’s plains, but what are they doing rolling around RiNo and LoDo? more »
Weed scientist says spraying other herbicides before and after dicamba drift increases injury to soybeans.
If glyphosate is no longer available, farmers can expect cost increases for other herbicides, increased use of other herbicides and less net farm income. more »
The ban, proposed by the Agriculture Ministry, had met with strong opposition from some farmers groups and academics, who argued that the chemicals were not unacceptably dangerous and banning their use would drive up farmers’ costs significantly. more »
The battle against herbicide-resistant Palmer amaranth continues unabated in North Carolina. Charlie Cahoon says growers must integrate a broader system to better control troublesome weeds. more »
That layby application you made, or didn’t make, matters when it comes to continued pigweed control in cotton, and it can help preserve a valuable tool. more »