- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- Postdoctoral Scholar with Oregon State University in The position is located at the Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center (CBARC) in Pendleton, which is in northeastern Oregon.
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook
- Crop Physiology & Weed Control Post Doctorate (req# 799379) with Bayer in Chesterfield (St. Louis Area) MO
- PhD in Agroecology/Plant Ecology with The Pennsylvania State University in University Park, PA
- Pesticide Research Scientist with Minnesota Department of Agriculture in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Weed Control Intern (18055271) with Syngenta in Vero Beach, FL
- Assistant Professor- Weed Extension with Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR
- How Much Effect Does Soil pH Have on Weed Management?
- Weed Science School 2023
223 posts found
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – Scientists from the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) say some native seed mixes planted to foster habitats for honeybees and other pollinators have been found to be contaminated with Palmer amaranth – a weed ranked by … more »
WSSA is currently accepting nominations for various awards to be presented at the 2018 Annual Meeting in Arlington, VA. All award nominations must be submitted electronically more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – JULY 10, 2017 – Today the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) announced it will be participating in the 57th Annual Meeting of the Aquatic Plant Management Society (APMS), scheduled for July 16-19 in Daytona Beach, Florida. … more »
There is a $75 million grant program at APHIS called the “Plant Pest and Disease Management and Disaster Prevention” that has not been well utilized by our members. The program is also referred to as more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – JUNE 15, 2017 – New resistant soybean and cotton cropping systems based on the synthetic auxin herbicides give farmers new options for managing Palmer amaranth and other broadleaf weeds resistant to glyphosate. But scientists with the … more »
We are really excited about the 2018 Annual WSSA meeting to be held at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA on January 29 – February 1,2018. WSSA members are invited to submit proposals for symposia. The deadline is June … more »
There is a $75 million grant program at APHIS called the “Plant Pest and Disease Management and Disaster Prevention” that has not been well utilized by our members. The program is also referred to as the Farm Bill Section 10007 … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – MAY 23, 2017 – A recent survey conducted by the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) ranks Palmer amaranth as the most troublesome and difficult to control weed in 12 categories of broadleaf crops, fruits and vegetables, … more »
A link has been setup to solicit volunteers for various WSSA committees. The Vice-President, Dr. Larry Steckel, will use this information to complete the committee rosters for 2017-2018 (period ending at the conclusion of the annual meeting, 2018). Please take … more »
Both scientists and regulators have had a lot to say about the growing problem of herbicide resistance and how weed management techniques need to change in response. But there have been few organized opportunities for farmers to make their voices … more »