- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- Postdoctoral Scholar with Oregon State University in The position is located at the Columbia Basin Agricultural Research Center (CBARC) in Pendleton, which is in northeastern Oregon.
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook
- Crop Physiology & Weed Control Post Doctorate (req# 799379) with Bayer in Chesterfield (St. Louis Area) MO
- PhD in Agroecology/Plant Ecology with The Pennsylvania State University in University Park, PA
- Pesticide Research Scientist with Minnesota Department of Agriculture in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Weed Control Intern (18055271) with Syngenta in Vero Beach, FL
- Assistant Professor- Weed Extension with Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR
- How Much Effect Does Soil pH Have on Weed Management?
- Weed Science School 2023
216 posts found
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – December 12, 2022 – Hydrilla is well-known for invading lakes, ponds and waterways, especially across the southeastern U.S. But experts with the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) say a new strain of the weed has now … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – November 7, 2022 – The Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) and its regional affiliates have scheduled upcoming annual meetings to discuss new developments in weed science – including technology tools to support precision weed management. First … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – October 17, 2022 – From carved Halloween jack-o-lanterns to tasty holiday pies, pumpkins are central to many a seasonal celebration. Scientists with the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) say it takes effective weed control, though, to … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – August 8, 2022 – Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) is used to produce a variety of products – from building materials, textiles and paper to nutritious seeds, CBD oils and extracts. Though the crop was introduced in the … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – July 13, 2022 – An article featured in the latest edition of the journal Weed Technology shows that electrocution can be an effective way to control weeds commonly found in soybean crops. The authors describe two field studies conducted … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – June 27, 2022 – Plant-back intervals are a critical component of any pesticide label – indicating the minimum period of time between a pesticide treatment and the planting of your next crop. But experts say some confusion … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – April 4, 2022 – A cornerstone of any effective weed control program is finding and treating bothersome weeds before they become established and spread. Unless you are an expert, though, it can be hard to identify what … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – February 23, 2022 – This week the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) honored nearly three dozen individuals for their outstanding contributions to the field of weed science. The awards were presented during the organization’s 62nd annual … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – February 7, 2022 – Crested floatingheart plants are a decidedly poor choice for Valentine’s Day, scientists with the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) say. This showy ornamental is a native of Asia and a popular selection … more »
February is National Pesticide Safety Education Month: Awareness and Resources are Fundamental to Safe Pesticide Handling and Use
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – January 31, 2022 – February is National Pesticide Safety Education Month, a time to review your pesticide safety practices. “There is no ‘downtime’ in the safe handling and use of pesticides,” notes Lee Van Wychen, Ph.D., Executive Director … more »