- Graduate Research Assistant – Master’s Level with Cornell University in Ithaca and Geneva, NY
- Oktoberfest: Time to Raise a Glass to Weed Control!
- Graduate Research Assistantship (M.S. or Ph.D.) with University of Wyoming in Laramie, WY
- Study Shows Socioeconomic Factors Can Influence the Spread of Invasive Plants
- Want To Keep Your Compost Weed-Free?
- Assistant Professor – Weed Science with Mississippi State University in Starkville, MS
- PhD Graduate Assistantship in digital weed science with Texas A&M University in College Station, TX (main campus)
- PhD Graduate Assistantship in IWM with Texas A&M University in College Station, TX (main campus)
- 10th Edition of the Herbicide Handbook is Available for Purchase
- Master’s Level GRA Position Organic Weed Management with North Dakota State University in Fargo ND
193 posts found
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – November 1, 2018 – In a recent audio news release taped by the National Association of Farm Broadcasters (NAFB), the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) addresses one of the most significant issues facing agriculture today: the … more »
Listen to the interview by Dr. Lee Van Wychen https://wssa.net/wp-content/uploads/103118WSSA-Wrap-UPDATED.mp3 Weed seeds in commodity exports are a serious trade concern. Countries, including the United States, often take action when weed seeds are detected in imported commodities. That means the importing country … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – August 27, 2018 – Experts from the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) will attend the 2018 Farm Progress show in Boone, Iowa, this week to highlight system-wide strategies for protecting soybean export values by reducing weed … more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – August 1, 2018 – Today the Weed Science Society of America is introducing a new fact sheet featuring state-level strategies in the battle against noxious weeds – those plants known for their negative impact on public health, agriculture, recreation, wildlife or property. Once a weed is classified as noxious at the more »
Report from Research Workshop on the Off-Target Movement of Dicamba Made Available by WSSA WESTMINSTER, Colorado – July 20, 2018 – Today the Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) announced that a report from a recent research workshop on the … more »
Noxious weeds are plants designated by federal, state or local officials as injurious to public health, agriculture, recreation, wildlife or property. Once a weed is classified as noxious, authorities are empowered to take a variety of actions to contain and manage it.
At the federal level, for example, the Department of Agriculture (USDA) has designated more »
The Weed Science Society of America (WSSA) sponsored a research workshop for managing dicamba off-target movement on April 16 -17, 2018 at the AMA Executive Conference Centers in Arlington, VA. WSSA invited a select group of weed scientists more »
The Travel Enrichment Experience (TEE) will provide an opportunity for WSSA graduate students to participate in a five day, four night educational experience with professionals in a different WSSA region. more »
As it is spring I thought it would be a good time to reach out with some links and opportunities for our members and partners. Our partners at the International more »
WESTMINSTER, Colorado – February 20, 2018 – Ready to sharpen your knowledge about invasive species and their impact on managed and natural ecosystems? You’ll have a great opportunity during National Invasive Species Awareness Week, scheduled for February 26-March 2, … more »